WELCOME

Hello and welcome to my blog. I am here to tell people on what I know about health and nutrition and how to live a healthier lifestyle. I am not a dietician or nutritionist, nor do I claim to be. I am just some one that has a background of a very unhealthy lifestyle and have now began living a healthy one. So I would like to share my knowledge and experience to help others to achieve their goals. I will be sharing tips on how to stay healthy, recipes for the everyday family and how to opt for healthier alternatives, and information on keeping not only a healthy body, but a healthy mind. I will also be keeping track of my own weight loss progress with tips on what works for me and could work for you. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. Also, be sure to ask about the 90 Day Challenge..

Monday, January 23, 2012

ORGANIC FOODS

I have found that I absolutely LOVE Organic food! There is a difference in taste and I have to say it taste so much better. And not to mention it is alot healthier. I know that Organics can be expensive but here are a few tips that will help you save money. As we know, organic foods are all natural foods, meaning they have no pesticides, no artificial ingrediants, and no added hormones or preservatives. Which is a good thing. All those chemicals are not good for our bodies and it has been researched and studied that alot of the foods that we eat that have these things in them can cause many diseases and cancer. So with that in mind, I have switched to organic foods. Some foods that are not organic you can get away with, such as fruits with the hard shells such as bananas, coconut, oranges, and watermelon. Those are ok to eat without them being Organic. The three main foods that you really should eat that are Organic are Milk, Tomatoes and meat. Grass-fed meat and eggs are what we should eat. So if you dont eat anything else organic at least opt to have those 3. I am posting a link to a website that talks about Organic Foods. http://www.nongmoshoppingguide.com/ It also is a shopping guide..So with that in mind Organic Foods are a great alternative for getting and staying healthy..

No comments:

Post a Comment